Sunday, April 24, 2011

An unusual Easter Sunday for your pal Seth

As you can tell from the photo, I spent Easter in D.C., my first ever trip out here.

What an amazing place! I think I walked more today than I did a few weeks ago at Augusta National. Saw the White House, the Washington Monument, the WWII Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, a visit to the Museum of American History...

And naturally, tomorrow and Tuesday is all golf. The No. 1 stop is Congressional CC to visit with superintendent Mike Giuffre and chat with him about hosting this year's U.S. Open. Then I've got two more courses on the agenda before I fly out Tuesday morning. (If you are in the area, drop me an email at sjones@questex.com and I'll come visit your course, too!)

I've joked with friends that these last few weeks have been the "Seth Jones North American Tour." When it's all said and done, it will be 7 trips in 7 weeks. All I need is to print up some T-shirts. The great state of North Carolina is next on the tour.

It should be mentioned that the SJNAT would not be possible without having the world's coolest, most amazing wife. So a 'thank you' to Mrs. Adrianne Jones... you are the best! (I'll make sure I save you a T-shirt from the tour, babe!)

OK... coolest thing I saw today? The Lincoln Memorial gave me a chill, as did the flag that inspired the "Star Spangled Banner." Oh, and Lincoln's hat he we wearing the day he was shot... surreal. And John Brown's rifle was pretty cool... man, I saw a lot of cool stuff today.

Check in tomorrow, I'll be reporting from Congressional!

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

No comments: