Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One last stop before the airport

At Trump National Golf Club in Washington, D.C.

A lot of work getting done by Brad Enie, director of grounds, and his staff out here. Enie, only 32, arrived at the course three years ago via Trump International in West Palm Beach, where he was an assistant. Mr. Trump himself sat down with Enie at lunch to ask him what he thought of the possibility of moving to D.C. Enie and his wife had been wanting to move closer to Pittsburgh to be nearer family, so he jumped at the chance.

The two courses look great. The Championship course just went through a redesign and the practice area has been blown up and expanded. They're about "95%" done with construction. "We're getting there," Enie said to me. "This spring has been unusually cool. We're about two weeks behind where I thought we'd be. But the good news is we had a great germination."

Thanks to Brad for his time today! An amazing 36 holes of golf... and a great finish to my trip to D.C.

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

1 comment:

Serge said...

I sure wish to have seen more pictures of this course! I would definitely wish to give golf a try one of these days once I've saved enough money.