Monday, April 25, 2011

Congressional and TPC Potomac





A busy day at two amazing golf courses.

Spent most of the day out at Congressional, meeting the team that will be hosting this year's U.S. Open. I met with five different members of the Congressional team... Mike Giuffre and Dave Hutchinson gave me a lot of time today, and I got the VIP tour of the course while the course was closed. After today, there will only be one more day when the course is closed before the Open. Plus, beautiful weather... it was a very good day.

But I wasn't done when I left Congressional at 3 p.m.! I still had some gas in the tank, so I headed over to TPC Potomac, which is just down the street, to get a course tour and meet up with Tim Connolly, first assistant at the course. Tim wrote for the blog while he was at National Golf Day recently.

It was a busy, but productive day. Check out these two photos -- the first photo is No. 18 at Congressional, the second is of No. 12 at TPC Potomac.

Three more stops tomorrow, then back to the airport, back to Kansas.

A big "thank you" to everyone who took time out of their schedule to meet with me today. I know how valuable time is, especially when the U.S. Open is staring you down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is hole 10 at TPC Potomac chief, you have to get that straight.