Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Another great night at GIS 2011

What a great evening. Some highlights:

-- ran into my friend Julio Diaz at the GCSAA bookstore. Usually it's hard to catch up with some people, but me and Julio bumped into each other on day one this year. I profiled Julio and his maintenance facility in the January issue of GCM. Always great to see el Padrino (the Godfather).

-- awesome party hosted by John Deere at Cuba Libre. Good food, good company and hand-rolled cigars. That was pretty much a home run. Great crowd, too. Wow!

-- checked in on the skeleton of the Golfdom booth... miles to go, but we'll get it there.

-- watched my jayhawks thump on hated rival mizzou!

-- got to buy my old designer/friend Roger Billings a shot of Jack Daniels on his birthday. Learned that senior science editor Teresa Carson became a grandma again (congrats!) Also got to watch the game with my old friends from GCM. Good times, great seeing those guys.

More tomorrow, I need sleep now!

-Seth

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

No comments: