Friday, June 29, 2012

The Comeback Plant

By Beth Geraci

Today at the office, huge news broke. Huge. After one full year, a flower actually bloomed on my petunia plant. There hasn't been one bloom on the thing since last summer. I admit, it is sort of girly to post about my plant, but this really is a most exciting development. I had to share.

My plant is an underdog. It did not quit! Earlier this year, its leaves were brown and crisp. It was nothing more than a thin, small stalk resembling a weed. But  reinvigorated efforts to revive it by me and a coworker (who repotted it for me) gave it a new chance at life. Look at it now!

Plant, you're an inspiration.

Before                                                                         After

                                                                                    

No comments: