Monday, July 18, 2011

Meet the grounds crew, people with... dreams?

Saw this via my Facebook friend Poa Annua...

Meet the grounds crew, people with dreams and passions as big as yours via Golf.com.

The issue that Poa and friends of Poa were having with this story was... the story is a little patronizing... as in, "Who in their right mind would do this work?"

I can't stand being patronized. It's one of the very few things that can set me off.

I see where the author was trying to go with the story. He was trying to introduce the reader to a group he believes most are unfamiliar with. Hence the, "Ed Juba is not an assistant superintendent. He's a symphony orchestra conductor."

But, being familiar with the work, with the people who make it happen.... well, let me ask you: what do you think?

Condescending toward the industry? Or complimentary? Check out the story and then vote in the poll above!

No comments: