Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hendren's Hyperbole! Episode 30 -- Tiger the Comic


There are a few things I never got into growing up: the first being video games, believe it or not I have never owned a gaming console; it’s just never been my thing. I would rather be outside.

The other is comic books. I just never understood the draw to reading cartoons about fictional characters. No disrespect intended to our esteemed Mr. Jones, who I know owns a comic book or two!

But for all you attendees of the nerdfest known as Comic-Con, pay attention: Bluewater Productions has introduced a new biography comic book about one Mr. Tiger Woods titled “Fame: Tiger Woods.” The comic book is available on Amazon.com for $3.99.

I think the idea of a comic book about the life of Tiger Woods is a joke. Who is going to waste $3.99 on a comic book filled with the same information available on TMZ? Like I said, I’m not into comic books but would rather read about The Flash, Superman or The Thing than Tiger Woods.

I really do understand the draw of Tiger. It’s not lost on me. At one time he was THE dominant golfer in the world, I get it. But he hasn’t really even played golf in the last few years. I guess I don’t understand why people are so infatuated with him. Why not follow the newer up-and-coming golfers on tour?

Do you think the comic book will include a drawing of a smashed up Escalade, Tiger getting thumped in the head with a 9-iron or Tiger throwing clubs during a tantrum? I doubt it. I am sure it is about how he became “The most famous golfer of all time,” a real feel-good comic book.

Seriously, who thinks this is a good idea? Is anyone going to purchase this comic book besides Seth?

-- Matt Hendren

No comments: