Friday, January 07, 2011

A super's Super Bowl

As the clock winds down on the week here at Golfdom HQ, it's easy for us to start thinking about one team and one team only... THE CHIEFS!

I called devout Patriots fan Steve Sarro, superintendent at Vail (Colo.) Golf Club to see if he was worried about the Chiefs being in the Patriot's way to the Super Bowl.

Seth: So, are you worried about the Chiefs beating the Ravens and being on a collision course with your Patriots?

Steve: The Chiefs? They deserve to be in a bowl game! One of the dot-com bowl games that nobody cares about!

Seth: Ouch! We'll see about that!

Steve: I really think the Patriots have the best shot at the Super Bowl, depending on what the Ravens and Steelers do. But it really comes down to the Steelers or the Patriots. You know the Steelers could play all home games except for the Super Bowl...

Seth: If the Steelers can keep Big Ben together for a few more games, I think they're the team to beat.

Steve: Yeah, I don't know. I think Tom Brady walks on water. Look at what he's done without much of a roster right now.

Seth: I remember calling you when Belichick got rid of Randy Moss, and you told me you weren't worried about it... "In Belichick we trust."

Steve: I bet Randy Moss is sitting somewhere in Tennessee right now, thinking to himself, 'Man, I shouldn't have ticked those guys off!'

So... no love for my Chiefs. But you've got two picks made here. Sarro is taking his Pats, I'm taking the Steelers. Who are you taking the whole way?

2 comments:

Justin said...

You want to talk about the next round! How 'bout them Seahawks! The AFC games probably couldn't be better, can't wait.

Golfdom Staff said...

With the exception of the Chiefs game, those were some exciting games! I can't believe the lowly Seahawks knocked off the Saints. Who knew?

Looking forward to seeing the Jets find a way to beat the Pats... right, Steve? RIGHT?!?

I SEE TOM BRADY POINTING OVER HERE!!! THAT AIN'T COOL!!! POINT THAT FINGER SOMEWHERE ELSE, BRADY!!!