Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hendren's Hyperbole! Episode 4 -- All Tigered Out

Welcome back to another addition of Hendren’s Hyperbole! Hopefully everyone had a chance to watch some of the Bob Hope Classic. If you didn’t have time due to an exciting weekend of trips to Bed, Bath and Beyond and Home Depot, you should be ashamed of yourself, but I know how wives and girlfriends do sometimes.

If you missed it, I‘ll fill you in on what you missed.

A rookie wins! What a coincidence, I let a couple of rookies have it in my last post and a rookie, Jhonattan Vegas, ends up winning in the next tourney. I think its Hendren’s Hyperbole karma! Either that or the one thing everyone needed to know about Johnny was he is a Venezuelan who knew little English when he came to the U.S. and he graduated with a degree in kinesiology. What? Nothing about a shoe fetish or his dream foursome? BORING!

Jhonattan earned 500 FedEx Cup points, a Masters invite and a two-year exemption on the PGA Tour with his win last Sunday at the Bob Hope Classic. In only his second PGA tour event he sunk a 15-foot putt on the second playoff hole to defeat Gary Woodland. He nearly holed out for eagle from the bleachers on 18 in the first playoff hole, an awesome shot! One thing is clear; this rookie has got some large stones! Nice work Johnny! You're kind of a big deal!

What does everyone think about Tiger dropping to #3? Personally, I don’t care if he's first or last. I know Tiger is good for the PGA Tour and golf in general but I am all Tigered out. Even when Tiger isn’t in the field he is still a topic of conversation between the on-air personalities. What a joke. I would rather hear about bunker maintenance, or John Daly’s wardrobe than the glitch in Tiger’s swing or whatever the topic of the minute is about Tiger.

That’s it for this week’s addition of Hendren’s Hyperbole! Hopefully everyone can find some time this weekend to watch the Farmers Insurance Open. Tiger is supposed to play so I am sure we will all get our fill of Tiger, his fake niceties and his generic interviews. This one here is my favorite Tiger interview...



Till next week!

-- Matt Hendren

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Another good Tiger bit by Ferrell - he's the best. I don't remember seeing that one though. BTW, did you see his (Tiger's) recent interview, where he said "fo'shizzle" (re: Chappelle's Show). Priceless!

I do agree too that the Tiger coverage is overblown. I don't mind a mention of him here or there, but there are certainly more interesting things to talk about. It's kind of the lazy way out for the on-air talent, really.

Here's to hoping the fat little groundhog was right, and I can dust the sticks off before too long! See you on the course,

Neuty

Hendren said...

I like your moxy! I figured after the beating I gave you last time we played I wouldn't be able to drag you back on the course!