Monday, April 16, 2012

Hendren's Hyperbole -- Na to help with some maintenance at TPC San Antonio

If you have ever thought that professional golfers take themselves too seriously you obviously haven’t met Kevin Na. I don’t know if you remember last year’s Valero Texas Open but I know I will never forget it. Na carded an awesome 16 on No. 9. More than a few of those shots were from the woods on the right side of the fairway.

Na has graciously accepted an invitation to join the maintenance crew today at TPC San Antonio to clear out some of those very same woods. It’s nice to see a professional golfer take the occasional 16 and even better to see that some professional golfers have a sense of humor! Take a page from Kevin’s book, Tiger!

Speaking of humor in golf, yesterday I was watching the RBC Heritage while snoozing on the couch when I heard the funniest thing I have ever heard while watching golf. I was half asleep so I am not sure who said it but one of the announcers was talking about Pettersson and Knost as they were heading down a fairway after a tee shot and referred to them as “The group that is exercise resistant.”

That is the nicest way I have ever heard anyone call someone fat. I am absolutely going to steal that line and add it to my list of go to sayings. Good lookin' out, PGA Tour!

-- Matt Hendren

No comments: