Tuesday, March 06, 2012

A few photos from last week's GIS

Here are a couple shots from the 2012 GIS. First up is Paul Chojnacky, superintendent at Pasatiempo Golf Club in Santa Cruz, Calif., and the winner of our first ever Herb Graffis Business Person of the Year award. Paul came by the booth to accept his award, and we even got a nice video of the presentation that we'll be posting soon on Golfdom TV.


Think there weren't a lot of people in Las Vegas for this show? Check out this shot. There were times on Wednesday when the place was downright PACKED. Thursday's crowd was less dense, but I had one exhibitor tell me that Thursday was even busier than Wednesday!

Here's a pic of me in the Direct Solutions NASCAR simulator. That steering wheel was touchy! I have to admit, I had the second-best time of the media who took the challenge. I was bested by our own senior editor, Beth Geraci, who had a 44-second lap compared to my 47-second lap! Ouch! Oh well, I'm mostly happy that the gold went to someone wearing a GOLFDOM media badge. Nice driving, Beth!

No comments: