Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Popular reading material at the PGA Championship

You know this sight warms my heart!

I took about 30 copies of the magazine to the guys in the hospitality tent... took me no time at all to hand out all the copies. Everyone was loving the "Mangum's Man-Laws" feature story about this week's host superintendent, Ken Mangum, CGCS.

In the media center right now -- what do you mean I have a magazine deadline this week? -- then I'll head back out to the course.

Highlands course superintendent Kasey Kauff told me the crew gets to chill out for most of the day today... no duties until 4 p.m. A lot of the guys plan on watching golf. Tiger, Phil and Rory are all out there right now.

Kasey seems as cool and collected right now as could be. Like I Tweeted this morning, it was more like I bumped into Kasey at the mall on a Saturday than at the PGA Championship on Tuesday!

"They actually let us mow around golfers yesterday," Kauff told me, astonished. "I got a fair amount of sleep last night!"

No comments: