Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene and golf

We're working on the "Irene on golf courses" story right now... look for something in the next issue of Golfdom. If you have good pics/story you want to share, please email me at sjones@questex.com .

In the meantime, Golf Digest is doing our work for us: check out this gallery of photos of golf course flooding/damage from Irene.

The superintendents I've spoken to today have all told me it wasn't as bad as expected. I know it was far worse for others, though. Just have to get them on the phone.

Irene has managed to reach out and touch me in Lawrence, Kan. I've been without email all day as our server is located in Newton, Mass., and I'm told there's no power and they won't even get to enter the building until tomorrow. So if I owe you an email (yeah, I'm looking at YOU), now you know why I haven't responded yet!

No comments: