Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hendren's Hyperbole! Episode 33 -- Feherty's show


Welcome back to Hendren’s Hyperbole! Hopefully the brutal summer weather is starting to break and give you all some much needed rest from this awful heat. Hang in there, summer is almost over and before you know it you’ll want spring to roll around. It won’t be long!

I have wanted to hit on this for a while but haven’t had the opportunity until now. I love all things golf and watch a lot of the Golf Channel in order to get my fix. I watch any golf that happens to be airing at the time I have a minute to watch TV, of course, but I also have been know to get sucked into a few infomercials. Between you and me I have a golf bag in my garage full of golf gadgets that promised to improve my golf game and shave strokes off my score. I probably don’t need to tell you but none of them worked.

I have also watched the Big Break… it's OK. The best show the Golf Channel has had to date has to be “Feherty.” I’m a big fan of David Feherty and his wacky personality. I’m sure David is either a guy you love or a guy you hate; there is probably no middle ground. It just so happens I like him and my name is Hendren, of Hendren's Hyperbole so I am going to push his show on you and hope you watch. If you are a fan of professional golf it will definitely be worth your wile.

“Feherty" is a 30 minute show that airs once a week on the Golf Channel and it basically consists of an interview with a former of current PGA Tour member or celebrity. Mixed in every week is a little commentary by David along with bits of what I can only describe as stand up comedy. Basically David is on a small stage sharing golf stories from his time on the tour in front of a small crowd. So far David has interviewed Ian Poulter, Rory McIlroy, Johnny Miller, Charles Barkley, and Kansas City natives Tom Watson and Don Cheadle. I look forward to “Feherty” every week and I am pretty sure if you give it a shot you will also.

Does anyone already watch “Feherty”? If so, what do you think? Fire me a comment and let me know!

Until next week!

-- Matt Hendren


No comments: