Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hendren's Hyperbole! Episode 25 -- U.S. Open Results


Hendren here, of Hendren’s hyperbole! Thanks for checking back again this week! I hope all you fathers had a great father’s day weekend. I had a great one. I watched as much of the U.S. OPEN as I could, hung out with my kids and spent some time at the pool. All in all it was a great weekend.

Congratulations to Gumsguys for winning the inaugural U.S Open Golfdom Hackoff. Also, congrats to Long Knockers and Nowhere Near Scratch for taking 2nd and 3rd. Some sweet prizes are headed your way, or will be as soon as you you all email Seth (sjones@questex.com) with your mailing address and true identities! I hope everyone that signed up enjoyed it, except you Neuty. I hope you had a horrible time!

Stay tuned, everyone, for info on the British Open edition of the Golfdom Hackoff taking place July 14th-17th.

I watched a lot of the Open this past weekend for several reasons. The first reason being that it is my favorite tournament of the year. The second reason is I wanted to see if Rory could hold it together. The third reason was because Tiger wasn’t playing.

I am still kind of in shock that Rory kicked everyone’s ass the way he did. He made it look easy. Is he really that dominant of a golfer? I thought the Open’s setup was supposed to be one of the most difficult of the year. Why were there so many players under par for the tournament? 20 players were under par for the tournament. I know the weather had an effect, but... whatever. It left me scratching my head. Did you think it was too easy?

I just hope Rory is the real deal. I hope he becomes the next big deal in professional golf and not just another really talented golfer who never reaches his full potential. Time will tell.

Until next week!

-- Matt Hendren

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hendren! I had an exceptional day, actually, and sort of enjoyed the tournament. Rory was great, but I kept waiting for someone to at least make a go at him. Instead, nothing. Ah well. There are fewer true pleasures than watching the final round of the US Open surrounded by people you love on Father's Day.

~Neuty

Leastman said...

I don't think Rory is just a flash in the pan, so to speak. He is only 22, has a near-flawless swing, and has shown that he has both the physical and mental game to kick everybody's ass.