Wednesday, February 22, 2012

GIS Games

I'm getting revved up for the 2012 GIS! I thought I'd be ready for it, and here I am staring down Thursday, and there's still a lot to do before I leave for Las Vegas.

A couple cool things I'm looking forward to:

We're giving away an iPad at the Golfdom booth. You have to earn it, though. No random drawing. You have to be the best Wii golfer at the GIS. Best score at our booth walks away with the iPad. Bring your A-game.

I'm lucky to once again be participating in BASF's media charity event. This year we're doing "Superintendent Pyramid" which is based on some 1970s game show, I'm guessing. I'll Google it. Jeopardy! is the only game show I ever watch. But I'm looking forward to it. I've done well in BASF's games so far, knock on wood, dating back to when I won their Media Jeopardy game in 2008. I was a question away from being a "Thousandaire" last year. Fingers crossed I do well in Pyramid. Come by and see me do it, it takes place at the BASF booth (# 1860) at 3 p.m. on Thursday.

I'm also driving a race car simulator at the Direct Solutions booth. This is a first for me. It's also a competition among fellow turf media, for charity. I'll warn all those suckers: I drive an 8-cylinder Z28 everyday, and I like to drive angry, so they better bring their A-games.

OK, that's it for now. Hey, check out the photo of me playing Turf Jeopardy back in 2008! Ahh, that was a good day. I remember it well: "Who is Alan Shepard?" was the question that put me over the edge. Good times! (Watch me fall on my face at Superintendent Pyramid.)

No comments: