Thursday, January 12, 2012

Email from Sandy Queen, GCSAA VP

The GCSAA has been busy lately, as I've seen a few emails from my friends at 1421 Research Park Drive these past couple of days...

I just got a nice email from Sandy Queen, current VP of the GCSAA and the GCSAA golf tournament director, asking if I was going to play in the tournament this year and reminding me that the deadline to register had been extended. It was a broadcast email to all the participants in last's years tournament.

At the end of the email he asked that if I was not going, if I could email him and let him know why.

I just emailed him and told him my three big concerns:


1. Too much time away from the family (trust me, I'm away from them enough as it is... I'm away from them right now, and I'll be away from them for six days next week when I'm in the UK... ugh!)

2. Too far of a road trip from Palm Springs to Las Vegas. (That drive wore out Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau in Swingers, it'd surely wear me out too.)

3. My golf game is a mess right now. (...and yet, I'm probably playing better than I was playing when I went to the tournament last year.)

Anyway, I hope the GCSAA has a great tournament this year, and I think it's a good sign that they're asking past participants what it is that is keeping them away.

No comments: