Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hendren's Hyperbole! Episode 13 -- Can Tiger Cure Your Swing?

Welcome back to Hendren’s Hyperbole! I hope the NCAA Tournament games were kind to your bracket last week. In case you live under a rock the final four is set with Kentucky, Connecticut, Butler and VCU. Don’t be too hard on yourself Jonesy, it just wasn’t the Jayhawks' year. Before you know it college football season will be here and you’ll be on the hill with a cold beer in your hand.

If your bracket is toast, no worries, I have great news! Tiger Woods wants to help you with your golf swing!

That’s right, Tiger wants to personally help you with your golf swing through an application available for iPhones and iPads called Tiger Woods: My Swing. My Swing claims to help golfers of all levels improve their golf swing through video analysis and instruction from golf great Tiger Woods. With the My Swing application you are able to compare swings against every club in Tiger's bag.

I just have a couple of questions about Tiger Woods: My Swing. Don’t you think Tiger should worry about fixing his swing before he tries to help you with yours? If I wanted swing advice from a struggling golfer with a questionable swing I would ask advice from my Dad or Seth or a hundred other bad golfers I know. At least swing advice from my Dad doesn’t cost $9.99. What a joke. I’ll tell you what blows my mind: I guarantee thousands of brutal golfers are going to purchase this app and think it is going to improve their golf game. How about you mail me your $4.99 and I get Seth to give you swing lessons? I say the chances of your swing improving are about the same and you’ll be ahead $5. That is a hell of a deal! Think about it and let me know when to schedule your swing lesson.

How about Martin Laird! Laird rallied from three shots back with four holes to play to win the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Laird came out flat Sunday to fall three shots back but came back for a great win. The win puts Laird in forth in the FedEx Cup Standings. Tiger finished seven shots back in 24th place. I guess when you compare 24th place to Johnny Vegas not making the cut, Tiger must be gaining confidence?

Whatever, don’t forget to schedule you swing lesson with Seth. Just shoot me a comment to schedule your lesson and make your check payable to Hendren’s Hyperbole!

Till next time!

--Matt Hendren

1 comment:

Leastman said...

How much do you think Charles Barkley would charge me to fix my swing?