Friday, May 03, 2013

A visit to CC of Orlando

I'm back from a week in overcast, rainy Florida. Back in Kansas, where it was snowing on May 2nd, when my flight landed last night (sheesh!)

My last stop was at CC of Orlando, to visit my old friend Kasey Kauff, who became the superintendent of the course a few months ago. The last time I saw Kasey was at the 2011 PGA Championship, when he was working at Atlanta Athletic Club.

Here are a couple pics of Kasey, the course, and the huge trees they have out there at CCO. It's an old Donald Ross course with some really beautiful views.

The last photo, that tree is 600 years old, and they call it Willie Mays, because it catches everything. It's proudly standing near the landing area of a turn on a dogleg right, of course.

Thanks to Kasey for showing me around the course!




No comments: