Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hendo's photo outtakes

Hendo is constantly giving me hell. If he's not mad about one thing, he's mad about another. This is just his nature, and you learn to enjoy it after a while.

How do you enjoy it? You torment him.

For example, in this most recent issue of Golfdom, I had Hendren do a GIS products wrap-up feature for us. He pretty much nailed it, too, giving a superintendent perspective on the cool stuff he saw at the GIS. That's valuable to Golfdom.

We titled the story "Hendo's Hot List." No, we're not going to win a TOCA award for that title next year. But the idea I had... well, I thought the idea was solid. We use that title, then take a photo of Hendren touching something hot, or shooting a fireball out of his hands, or something...

Well, that was the idea. As you can see from the May issue, it didn't turn out as super-awesome as I had envisioned it in my mind.

But what the heck, you've got to try your luck every once in a while, right?

I'll mostly blame my model for this "concept" failing, and only partially blame the guy who came up with the concept.

What we published in the last issue was a photo of Hendo holding some fake-looking fire. We used about the best photo I got of Hendo for this concept.

What did some of the other photos look like? Well, I'm glad you asked...

Hendo SMASH!

Look... into my eyes!

Oh, *#%@!

That's a wrap!




No comments: