Monday, October 10, 2011

We're baa-aaaaack!

Hello loyal Golfdom readers. Sorry for the unannounced silence last week.

We have a good excuse, though.

Senior editor Beth Geraci was out in the field covering the GreenStart Academy, hosted by John Deere and Bayer, in North Carolina. The event hosts assistant superintendents from around the country for three days of education, networking and brain storming. Speakers included such industry figures as Bob Farren, CGCS, Henry DeLozier, Greg Lyman, Stan Zontek and Lane Tredway. Beth has a notebook full of stories from the event, and we'll be sharing them soon.

Where was I? I was firmly planted at Lawrence (Kan.) Memorial Hospital awaiting the arrival of my second child. I'm happy and proud to report that my son, Boyd Atticus Jones, arrived Wednesday at 6:24 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.

I meant to get back to work on Friday, but we were so busy checking out of the hospital, getting the car loaded, getting mom her first decent meal in three days... and overall just remembering what it's like to have a newborn... that I let that idea sail.

But I'm back in the office now!

No comments: